Giving children a gift that keeps on giving is often something we strive for during the Holidays, but rarely do gifts for kids actually end up meeting this lofty goal. Metal Detectors for kids are different though. When you give your son, daughter, grandchild, niece, nephew or other lucky child a metal detector this Holiday season, you’ll be giving them a gift that will give back for many years to come in a variety of ways.
Introducing children to metal detecting through your Holiday gift can give them:
- A chance to learn about history, geology, ecology, and much more.
- Opportunities for exercise and fresh air.
- A way to meet new people by joining metal detecting clubs and engaging with the community while out metal detecting.
Of course your Holiday gift also has the potential to give back by leading them toward valuable treasures as well. While there are many more “trash targets” dug up by metal detectorists than treasures, the potential exists to find something valuable with every outing. This alone is exciting for children and reason enough they’ll like your Holiday gift. The other benefits of metal detectors for kids are just icing on the cake – or Holiday cookie.
To get you started here are 7 of our recommendations for the best metal detectors for kids.
- Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector
- Bounty Hunter Gold Metal Detector
- Bounty Hunter Legacy 1500 Metal Detector
- Garrett Ace 300 Metal Detector
- Teknetics DigiTek Metal Detector
- Tesoro Compadre Metal Detector
- Whites CoinMaster Metal Detector
Giving a gift that can give so much to its recipient isn’t always this easy. But it can be this year when you give the children on your Holiday shopping list a metal detector. Take a 2 or 3 minute read of our buying guide article (with video) entitled Selecting the Best Metal Detectors for Kids and Children.