On your first metal detecting outing, you may have found a few coins, nails and metal debris. You might not be excited, but there’s a reason why! Don’t get discouraged. Your swing technique really IS important! Here are 4 expert “Swing Technique” tips:
- Keep your search coil as close to the ground as possible. Swing parallel to the ground. The biggest mistake is swinging like a pendulum or an ark. You will miss targets this way.
- Swing slow. Each pass should be at least 2-4 seconds.
- Overlap swings to make sure you don’t miss valuable targets.
- To guarantee you are covering the most ground, go over the ground in the opposite direction in a grid like fashion with your detector.
Here are Three Beginner’s Whites Metal Detectors:
- Whites CoinMaster Metal Detector
- Whites TreasureMaster Metal Detector
- Whites TreasurePro Metal Detector
*Video Courtesy of Whites Metal Detectors